Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I have so much more to learn...

As the sun set this lovely Spring evening, I noticed the moon looked quite round and bright.
I just had to get a few pics before the clouds rolled in.
I told my family I had to go to the store and would be taking pics of the moon on my way.
I gathered my gear and headed out the door. I knew the best spot would be away from other light sources, and away from interfering wires and buildings. But, I chose a nearby parking lot down the street close to houses and a store. You can know right now that the images will be less than ideal, but I was in a rush and just wanted to get to taking pictures.
 I set up my tripod along the side of the lot, away from the wires and beside the tree. Attached the remote shutter and sat on the side of my van door.
 After shooting a few, I looked at them and noticed they looked more like pics of the sun than the moon. I changed the white balance from daylight to shade, and then to cloudy. They still came out wrong. I changed the iso to 100, but they still were not right. UGH! What do I have to do to get a decent shot of the moon?! Shutter speed?Aperture setting? Night shots? No matter what I tried, they just came out lousy. I finally got frustrated enough I came close to tossing the camera in the van, tripod still connected. I heard someone across the lot tell someone there was a photographer taking pictures of the moon. I laughed to myself and thought, 'Where?'
 After going to the store, walking off my steamed up brain, I went home and tried a few more shots. The problem was, I lost my shutter remote! it's not at the lot, store, the van, parking space. Gone! What a let down. The next one will have a tether so it will be easier to remember to put back in the bag.
Here are a few pics, just know, they are not very good. I'll improve with time, so these will be good for me to look back on and compare how much better I'll get.




Thanks for reading this amateur post , I am encouraged in knowing someone has been here to see them, and would appreciate a comment of what you think of it.

Love and blessings,
Lori C

UPDATE: I took pics the next night and got much better results. I waited until an hour later and wasn't as rushed. Wish I could say I found my shutter remote :/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I always appreciate hearing from others. Thanks,
LC