Friday, May 10, 2013

Azaleas ; a short lived beauty

Our azalea bush has endured many years of hot summers, cold snowy winters, and construction materials being dropped on it. Even with all this, it always comes back every year, blooming beautiful pink flowers. The blooms only last about a week before waning, which is just long enough for honey bees and ants to make their annual visit. I try taking pics several times during that week to capture the stages of growth, from bud to bloom to plain, green leafy bush.This year, it bloomed a week ahead of last year.
Here are a few pics I've taken so far, including a happy little visitor :)












 








I hope you are enjoying this lovely month of May,
 Love and blessings,
Lori LC
*I took these pics using my Canon Rebel T3 with Canon zoom EF 75-300mm



4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures!! I love action shots. The bee and the flower! We have an azalea too, however, it has not been blooming the last couple of years. I may not have it in the right spot. I don't think it gets enough sun. My husband and I discussed moving it this year and will probably do so this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if the azalea is still green,try pruning it back a bit. They seem thrive after being pruned.Ours gets about three hours of sun a day and has been moved a few times. I hope yours bounces back,they are so nice when blooming.
      ~Lori

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the info. I bet that is the problem with ours. It is not getting enough sun. Where we planted it a few years it did get sun. Now there is a bush that is towering over it and it isn't getting but maybe an hour of sun. Thank you! We will try that.

      Delete
  2. any change in the azalea? we thought ours was a goner when construction stuff smooshed it 8 years ago.I even cut many of the branches off, but it is thriving to the point where I will have to prune it back so it doesn't take over the garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I always appreciate hearing from others. Thanks,
LC